Texas Health Resources
Great Benefits & Family Friendly Hours
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for a qualified Cancer Registrar like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Plano
- Work environment: Hospital
- Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Salary range: $22.81 – $36.92 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Prefer Associates Degree in Health Information or related field
- One year of medical record experience preferred
- Strongly prefer experience in oncology specific data
- Cancer registry coding experience preferred
- Background in anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology strongly preferred
- CTR – Certified Trauma Registrar certification required within 3 years of hire date
- Current or in process CTR certification at the time of hire strongly preferred
Texas Health Plano Cancer Registrar’s are responsible for oncology specific data analytics.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Cancer Registrar will:
- Apply abstracting and coding knowledge as well as communicate effectively with medical staff in order to determine accurate assignment of codes for diagnosis, severity of illness, procedure and treatment, and outcome measures.
- Complete daily analysis of medical records for oncology patients and determines eligibility for case reporting. Maintain automated suspense listing of cases to be coded and abstracted and an electronic non-reportable list for state requirements.
- Obtain recurrence, subsequent treatment, and outcome information from internal and external sources at least annually for each oncology patient in the registry and updates the record in the database.
- Assist in data compilation and reporting as necessary. Participate in department quality improvement projects
As a Texas Health Cancer Registrar you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Plano a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Plano Cancer Registrar
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
- Positively impact patients’ quality of life
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
- Enjoy opportunities for growth
- Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Resume Submission: