Cancer Registry Abstractor
Services Solutions Group (formerly nThrive, Inc.)
SSG Sub, LLC (Services Solutions Group) provides the revenue cycle management services and advisory expertise health care organizations need to thrive and serve their communities.
We integrate knowledge and expertise of the entire revenue cycle in a way that provides financial and operational performance benefits for health care organizations.
SSG was formerly a division of nThrive, Inc. and is no longer affiliated with nThrive. You may still see the nThrive logo on our materials over the next several months as our business prepares a new brand launch.
At Services Solutions Group (SSG), our Cancer Registrars are data heroes. They have a critical role in capturing the data that impacts cancer research, treatment, and prevention and screening programs. In the fight against cancer, we arm our data heroes with the support of over 200 CTR colleagues across the nation, a live QA forum with experts to answer questions immediately, flexible work schedules that can include days, nights and weekends, live and on-demand industry-leading educational opportunities with CEUs, one annual professional due, and company supplied equipment, including dual monitors. Also, with up to five days of paid time off per year to support charitable organizations, our colleagues can make an impact on their communities in many ways.
- Maintains certification and NCRA membership, as well as appropriate state association memberships. SSG provides reimbursement for one annual job-related professional membership due to the preference of the colleague.
- Completes onboarding case scenario assessment to identify training opportunities that will further sharpen abstracting skills. Dependent upon the result of the assessment may complete personalized educational content while onboarding.
- With the support of the supervisor, QA team, educational materials and webinars, QA forums and live chat with other colleagues, achieves abstracting accuracy rate of 95%.
- Completes annual QA process to ensure ongoing productivity, quality, and professional development goals. Dependent upon the result of the assessment may complete personalized educational content.
- Maintains all Service Level Agreements outlined in the current scope of the project assignment.
- Participates in bi-monthly Clinical Cancer Registry Services (CCRS) all colleague town halls. Leverages the opportunity to hear about or present a project update, receive company updates, connect with other colleagues, and learn about other areas of the company.
- Participates in bi-monthly Clinical Cancer Registry Services (CCRS) educational forums led by the Registry Education Supervisor. Earn 6 CEUs per year through bi-monthly educational seminars with fellow colleagues.
- Leverages educational opportunities provided by SSG including NAACCR webinars (3 CEUs per webinar), SSG Learning on-demand courses and QA provided content. With supervisor approval, courses can be completed during the regular workweek.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy regulations and other virtual office procedures. Company live chat tools through Office 365 help colleagues stay connected in a virtual office. Promotes professional development and supports other colleagues by asking and answering abstracting questions, as needed.
- Interfaces with hospital clinical departments to ask cancer-related abstracting questions to ensure data quality.
- Supports SSG’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to SSG’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with SSG’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or SSG’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) and active membership in the national and/or local cancer registrar association.
- 2+ years of varied abstracting experience in Cancer Registry.
- Course in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology.
- Extensive experience with FORDS/STORE and AJCC Staging.
- Working knowledge of 2018 data collection requirements from all standard setters.
- Proficient with various cancer registry software systems (Metriq, ERS, Oncolog, cNext, Rocky Mountain).
- Proficient with various electronic medical record systems (Siemens, Meditech, EPIC, McKesson HPF).
- Recent abstracting experience of cases prior to 2018 with compliance to minimum productivity/quality standards at the employer.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings including with colleagues, medical staff and other departments within the facility.
- High-speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting technical issues. Secure home office HIPAA compliant.
- Knowledge of email and Internet applications and MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or further clinical education.
- Knowledge of specific State-reporting requirements.
Bachelor’s degree or further clinical education.
Salary is based on experience and job role/responsibilities, we offer competitive benefits
Instructions for Resume Submission: