Cancer Registry Certified Data Abstractor
The Company: Parallon Business Solutions is a subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). We have been voted one of the top employers in Florida for 8 years in a row, and are known for taking the best care of clients and employees alike.
- Our culture fosters an environment of continuous growth and professional development.
- Parallon was named a “Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2016” by FlexJobs.
- We believe in rewarding our employees with a healthy work/life experience, our employees are rewarded with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.
This work from home position is responsible for case finding and abstraction of cancer data for HCA hospitals.
Supervisor – Cancer Registry Manager
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Completes case-finding for assigned facilities, including review of the disease index cases suspensed into Metriq.
- Responsible for reviewing medical records to abstract information according to the standards of the American College of Surgeons (ACOS) and the appropriate State Central Cancer Registry.
- Performs timely abstraction of assigned cases to ensure compliance with ACOS and State standards.
- Completes edit checks and makes appropriate changes on a timely basis.
- Follows ACOS and State data standards and coding instructions to abstract all reportable cases.
- Attends state and national educational activities as approved by Director.
- Submits data to the National Cancer Data Bank (NCDB) in accordance with the annual Call for Data.
- Submits data monthly to the appropriate State Central Cancer Registry.
- Resolves errors resulting in the rejection of records from the NCDB and the State data systems.
- Participates in required continuing education programs and annual reorientation.
- Practices and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
Work from home, flexible schedule
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/10147/jobdetail.ftl?job=26792-155662&lang=en