Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Plano is seeking to hire a Full Time Cancer Registrar
Onsite at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Possibility of working remote will be determined at the manager’s discretion and is not guaranteed
Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday 1st Shift
High school diploma or equivalent required
Prefer Associate’s degree in Health Information or related health field
Courses in ICD-9 or ICD-10 and CPT coding, medical terminology, human anatomy & physiology helpful
1 year of medical record experience preferred
3 years of Cancer Registrar experience strongly preferred
Prefer coding experience. Coding is a part of the job duties for this position, but this is not a coding only position.
Strongly prefer current CTR certification or in the process of becoming certified
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification required within 3 years of hire date
Required Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, familiarity with basic statistics.
Ability to analyze and draw inferences from statistical data.
Human relations and oral/written communications skills.
Ability to work under immediate supervision.
Attention to details, familiarity of contents of the patient record, ability to use resources of other institutions, physician offices and obtain/analyze oncology related data.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies abstracting and coding knowledge as well as communicates effectively with medical staff in order to determine accurate assignment of codes for diagnosis, severity of illness, procedure and treatment, and outcome measures.
Completes daily analysis of medical records for oncology patients and determines eligibility for case reporting.
• Maintains automated suspense listing of cases to be coded and abstracted and an electronic non-reportable list for state requirements.
• Obtains recurrence, subsequent treatment, and outcome information from internal and external sources at least annually for each oncology patient in the registry and updates the record in the database.
• Assists in data compilation and reporting as necessary.
• Participates in department quality improvement projects.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c8hgkg4jnqzkc588