JPS Health Network
Description: The Cancer Registrar is responsible for assisting with federal and state cancer registration requirements, assisting with American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer Approved Cancer Program accreditation, and for meeting the needs of the facility’s Administration, Providers, and Cancer Committee.
1. Performs case finding activities, maintain the suspense system, access medical record charts and other appropriate information, abstract appropriate cancer cases, and collect all appropriate treatment information to ensure that JPS meets State of Texas and ACoS requirements.
2. Assists with completion of follow-up activities to ensure that JPS meets ACoS requirements.
3. Assists with the weekly multidisciplinary conferences by performing tasks as assigned and by attending the conferences.
4. Assists with the bimonthly Cancer Committee meetings by performing tasks as assigned and by attending the meetings.
5. Assists with data submissions to the Texas Cancer Registry, the National Cancer Database (NCDB), and other national bodies by performing all tasks as assigned.
6. Assists with any additional calls for data by performing tasks as assigned.
7. Assists with the completion of patient care evaluations by performing tasks as assigned.
8. Assists with quality control activities for registry data as by performing tasks assigned.
9. Assists with completion of ad hoc data requests by performing tasks as assigned.
10. Assists with the coordination of public educational conferences by performing tasks as assigned.
11. Assists with coordination of annual professional educational conferences by performing tasks as assigned.
12. Participates in local, state and national Cancer Registry activities.
13. Assists in the development of the Cancer Annual Report by performing tasks as assigned.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
• 3 plus years of experience in cancer registry.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Certified Tumor Registrar certification required within 18 months of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited University.
• 5 plus years of experience in cancer registry.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• National certification in a second health-related field (RHIT, RHIA, RN, LVN, or related certification).
Based on experience/education
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Interested applicants can apply at jpshealthnet.org
click on “careers”
click on “apply now”
scroll page down until you see the keyword box
enter 4209 then click “search”