Covenant Health System
Introduction: Covenant Health System in Lubbock TX- Remote position for an Abstractor
Identify reportable neoplasms, collect clinical data, code and enter medical information into the Tumor Registry database and perform lifetime follow-up to provide cancer incidence, treatment and outcome information for quality improvement activities, administrative planning and marketing, support programs and research activities. Assist with quality control activities, information requests, quality improvement studies and research projects as requested. Frequently exercises independent judgment and discretion within agreed upon limitations.
- 1 year Experience in Medical Records or in a professional medical setting.
- National Certified Tumor Registrar – National Cancer Registrars Association upon hire
- Successful completion of a college-level Anatomy and Physiology course.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course.
- Satisfactory completion of RHIT or RHIA program.
- Required Education to obtain CTR.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
Instructions for Resume Submission: