CTR / CTR Coordinator
Who We Are
We love helping our healthcare clients find and keep top talent. If you want to love what you do, find purpose and make a difference, then samstaff is for you!
We are looking for a CTR and a CTR Coordinator to join our progressive client. The position is perfect for someone who has experience in supervising employees who analyze, abstract, and codes demographic, patient and cancer related information, and seeks a fast paced, varied work environment. Our passionate, creative and talented employees are transforming the healthcare staffing industry. We value our employees and recognize and reward hard work. We are obsessive about creating great experiences for our clients and consultants. We have fun while we work and achieve our goals. We are changing the landscape of the healthcare staffing industry are looking for teammates who want to make an impact!
We think you would love being a CTR Coordinator with samstaff, if you:
- Are a top notch supervisor who takes great pride in your work
- Are a fun and performance-driven individual
- Desire to support clients by dreaming big and delivering big!
- Are willing to put others first
- Desire work-life balance
- Possess attention to detail and a desire to learn more
- Value community involvement
- Understand that results matter
- Fight for simplicity
- Enjoy being part of a high energy team
A typical Day in the life of a CTR Coordinator consists of….
- Overseeing employees who identify patients who meet reporting requirements through the case finding process and abstracting patients in accordance to State and National guidelines;
- Managing Registrars who retrieve and analyze data in accordance with professional ethics;
- Ensuring accurate follow-up is completed on each case
- Requiring employees to generate reports on hospital Cancer Registry data to your standards
- Being responsible for tasks and standards in compliance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS/CoC)
- Staying up to date on all the latest trends and changes in the Cancer Registry arena
- Supporting special projects for the client’s Department
- Ensuring an excellent client experience through active listening, prompt and consistent follow up and communication
- Collaborating with a dedicated team of Client Advisors to facilitate a successful process for our clients
- Previous Supervisory experience required
- CTR Credential required
- Manages 2 CTR’s
- Responsible for 1 main hospital and a few rural clinics.
- CoC Accredited facility, no NAPBC or other specialized accreditation
- 1500 Analytic cases annually
- OncoEMR,Meditech,Mosaiq EMR experience a plus
- Metriq experience a plus
- Pay is negotiable based on experience
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience will be required
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Certified Tumor Registrar certification
- 3 years’ experience with some management experience, preferred 5 years’ experience with some management experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology
- Having knowledge of OncoEMR, Meditech, Metriq, and Mosaiq EMR is a plus
- Excellent typing and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Tumor Registry software required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to engage by phone and email
- Ability to prioritize the workload and deliver under tight deadlines
Please submit resumes to the following email: Kaydie@samstaff.com