University of Health Science Center Tyler/MD Anderson
This is a Tumor Registrar position for our Cancer Center.
The Tumor Registrar is responsible for maintaining a database unique to a specialty area, i.e. tumor registry and cancer registry, locating selected patient records and abstracting relevant review information.
- Utilizing pre-established criteria, coordinating with Department of Health Cancer Registry Division on pertinent cases.
- Assisting with quality control activities.
- Information requests.
- Helping with quality improvement studies as requested.
- Assisting with preparations and organization for Cancer Committee meetings.
Coordinating Tumor Board conferences.
- Ensuring adherence to data management protocols set forth to insure regulatory compliance standards.
- Identifies and compiles patient data from a range of relevant sources, including medical facilities and patients, and arranges for data collections as appropriate.
- Reviews data for completeness and accuracy and follows up with data sources as necessary.
- Reviews incoming data documentation and performs re-abstracting and case finding for special projects as assigned.
- Performs data analysis and prepares reports within protocol parameters of the study and other guidelines.
- Educates data collection staff on study requirements and data collection methodology. Develops training material and presents training to colleagues on special interest cases.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Commission on Cancer (CoC) guidelines to maintain accreditation.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in the medical record field is required. Coding or abstracting experience is preferred.
- Certified Tumor Registrar credentials is required.
- Familiarity with CoC program standards
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please go to the following website and apply on line:
Click on Join the Team at the top right, then go to UTHealth North Campus Careers