Virtual Cancer Registrar
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Completes abstracts and provides support of cancer registry operations at Parkland to maintain accreditation and compliance with program standards.
Experience: Must have two years of registry experience.
Equivalent Experience: May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Certification/Registration/Licensure: – Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy and physiology concepts.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to interact well with physicians and other hospital staff on a daily basis.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Must have knowledge of all registry operations.
- Must be knowledgeable of cancer site specific disease management standards of care.
- Must understand American College of Surgeons (ACos) Cancer Program Standards and application to registry operations.
- Must be able to generate reports to evaluate database concerns.
Must be fully competent in all basic registry operations.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
All qualifications are required.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply via job req.